Friday, March 11, 2011

Five Things

Hellohellohello. I'm so sorry I have been MIA in the blogger world lately. You know when you have one of those weeks (or months, or even years!) where life seems to be throwing bucket after bucket of nails at you? And its all you can do to dodge them, but eventually you just get worn out and decide to let them stick, feel the pain, accept it, heal and move on.... Ok, that may have been the weirdest analogy I have ever come up with, but the point is.....the past week has been one of THOSE weeks. I could go on and on about it, and bore you to death with the whiney details, but instead you can just thank me for sparing you of them.

Anyway, just for the record....I write each blog as ideas or topics come to me. I do not sit around drumming up ideas for a new post (like I have the time for that!). Generally an idea will come to me while I am doing some mindless, mundane chore...ie. dishes, laundry, bills (yes I can daydream and pay bills at the same time. How's that for multi-tasking?!). So while I was doing dishes the other morning, with the sound of some obnoxious song by the uber UNtalented Fresh Beat Band blasting off in the background, I thought of a few things that I hated. I know, hate is a strong word. Fits perfectly right next to "The Fresh Beat Band". Its a phase. I hate it now. Next week or month it will be something else. Same goes for things that are currently making me ten-different-forms-of-GIDDY. Things I'm lovin'...in layman's terms. So here is my bright idea. This blog is about the top five things I'm lovin' and the top five things I'm hatin'....right now. Enjoy :-)

Oh...And, I would love to hear some of the things you all are lovin' or hatin' right now too! Do share!

FIVE THINGS I'M HATIN'

1) Strangers who pass us by when we are out in public with all 3 kids, and say "You've got your hands full". Nooooooooooo! You think??! And shut up. Because that is about ALL you can judge from the cover of this book! So there are like fifteen different come backs I have in my head for this remark. None of which escape in a single breath from my lips. But my hubby, the wise ass that he is in a situation like that, usually responds with a deeply sarcastic "We haven't hear THAT before!". I know. We are jerks. But there is no alternative when you've heard that statement 3 times in a 5 minute time frame, all in one aisle of a store!

2) The Fresh Beat Band. I have no idea why Kyle is interested in this show, other than the fact that it is all about music and dancing. And he LOVES music. But I am siiiiiiicccckkkk of it. I'm just not a fan of having the "there's no problem we cant solve" song humming in my head all.day.long. I feel like ripping those 4 obnoxious little peeps out of the TV and forcing them to tolerate a weeks worth of nights with my twins and then saying "Solve THIS Fresh Beats!".

3) The drab, cold, dark winter. I'm over it. Having a gigantic influx of spring fever. Ready to get the kids out and into the sunshine. I have been crammed within these 4 walls for the past 8 1/2 months, we all have....and I am over it! Bring on the light and the heat!

4) Daylight savings time. More importantly, loosing an hour of potential sleep (if the twins decided to have a major fluke of a night and allow us to even realize the prior extra hour even existed). But yeah. Such bogus!

5) Post babIES body. While breastfeeding twins, I never had to even think about it. In fact, all I really thought about in regards to this was how I could make myself eat more. Eat eat eat! Obviously that doesn't translate well to the non-breastfeeding body. I tell ya...it was the coolest feeling in the world to keep dropping pants sizes and not be trying in the least to do so! The butt just got smaller and the boobs just got bigger. YES PLEASE! But, newsflash...it all reverts back :(

FIVE THINGS I'M LOVIN'

1) PANDORA. Need I say more? Ok, guess so. Hubby turned me onto it a couple of weeks ago and now I feel like I cant live without it. Freakin' cool! Loving some Sugarland, Lady Antebellum, Carrie Underwood, Heart, and Joan Jett radio :) Plus more!

2) Blogging and Photography. My MAJOR outlets right now. Both things are making me feel like I actually possess some talent, that doesn't revolve around homemaking, horses, or academics.

3) White Mocha Freeze. I've never been a big coffee drinker, but if I'm going to have it...its gotta be this. And no I'm not partial to any particular coffee stand. Any wmf from any place will do. But, if the barista so much as forgets to amp the thing up with lots of caffeine, Ohhhhhhhh! She'd better!....Or Else! Well. Ok, so I probably wouldn't do anything. Not my style. I would just end up back down there with circles around my eyes two shades darker then they were the first time I was down there, a greater stench to the smell of my hair and shirt-now that I have had enough time to get a banana smushed all over me, and $3.75 less in my wallet. But sometimes, the caffeine...its sooooo worth it.

4) Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. They are the best shows ever-on-TV-period. So yeah, even though it takes me an entire week to watch them...and that's with fast forwarding through the commercials (thank you tivo)...I love them. Its my Mommy self indulgence right now.

5) Date Nights. We have been making a point to do everything in our power to make time once a week for each other, away from the house. To nurture our marriage. After all, that is where it all began. We wouldn't have all of this without every bit of that.

So. Notice that I listed the negative things first and the positive things last. Because I wanted to end the post on a good note. We need to remind ourselves to do that in our day to day lives too. You cant not complain. Everyone needs to vent and let the steam release and escape. But you still need to remind yourself of all of the blessings you have. The positives that are in your life. I assure you, the positives will outweigh the negatives. They WILL. And at the end of the day, that is ALL that matters anyway. The blessings.

4 comments:

  1. favorite comment ever that my friend, a mother of 4, uses when someone makes a comment about the size of her family, "well, my husband is so hot and we just have sex non-stop, and, well, this is the result!"...shuts them up every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your lists here! I think you're absolutely right about ending on a positive.

    And mentioning comebacks to questions we often get as parents of multiples, once when someone asked me if we used fertility intervention, I said "No, we just like to f@*k a lot." In my defense, it was at a social gathering and we were both a couple of sheets to the wind. We both laughed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mandy...I think I found your blog thru Krystal, and I know Krystal, she is married to my husband's college roommate...and he was the best man in our wedding...and my husband was in there's also....
    oh, and I grew up in Eagle Point, OR, my family is still up there, so we're up there about once a year, it's easier for them to come visit us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall heed your warning about this Fresh Beat Band! HAHA :)

    ReplyDelete