Saturday, June 25, 2011

Friday Confessional



I'm linking up with Twingle Mommy today for Friday Confessionals. You know that scenario when you are chatting with a group of Mom's, and one bravely decides to put all fear aside and admit her faults. And then her own honestly suddenly opens the floor for all of the other Mom's to say, "That aint' nothin'! Guess what I did?!". That's what this is. Sorta. In a blog, virtual, sorta way. So...here we go.

I confess....
Sometimes I let my kids stay in their jammies all day. Sometimes I stay in my jammies all day with them.

I confess....
I still wear maternity shirts sometimes. Sometimes. Not because I still have a terribly chubby baby belly, but because...have you noticed...maternity shirts are longer than regular shirts?! I have a long torso. Ok, I also like that maternity shirts are looser in the tummy area, which accommodates my twins induced muffin top, quite well. I just use the shirts that were like 1st trimester shirts. A little bit longer, and a little bit looser. Perfect.

I confess....
I have rough days here and there, at home with the kids. Yesterday was one of those days, and I was desperate for a 5 minute break from the constant whining, screaming, and pulling at my pants legs. So, with a sassy little attitude, I ripped open the tupperware cupboard, and then the dishwasher, and piled it all in there for them to play with. And it absolutely did, buy me 5 minutes. And then... it took me 15 minutes to clean up the mess. Swell idea!

I confess....
I can write about 100 times better than I can speak. I suppose because there isn't that element of facial expression and listener reaction that I have to witness in person. When you speak to someone in person, you look at them. Unless you are a complete social retard (that's me sometimes too), you watch their reaction. I find that often, people begin to react to what they THINK you are going to say, when in fact you were headed in a complete different direction with your sentence, or story. That changes your course of topic. Or your presentation of it, rather. Which causes you to stutter and stumble mid sentence. Writing frees all of that restriction up. It allows you to write, and therefore speak, however you wish. I much prefer to say what I want to say, and face whatever criticism may come, afterwards. I don't have this same perspective in person, because I don't like confrontation. But, aren't we all bolder behind the keyboard?

I confess....
My twins are going to be 1 a week from today. I'm feeling relieved, anxious, sad, celebratory. As INTENSE as it was the past year, it did go by fast. And its just really hard because they are my last babies, and its both of them. I know we are entering a new season with them, an easier one for sure, but the thought that they are almost no longer babies, saddens me. I've been planning to do a photographic video recalling their first year, but honestly...I am procrastinating because I know that I will be balling the whole way through. My babies are turning ONE!   :(    and    :)

1 comment:

  1. I ran across your blog from multiples and more. What a cute post this is! I can't believe you have twins +1.... you're amazing. I can barely manage my 18 month old twins some days. Anyways, way cute kiddos and looks like some HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes!

    ReplyDelete